📖 Exam Related Current Affairs with Static Gk : 29 April 2021
1) The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has projected India’s gross domestic product (GDP) growth to rebound strongly to 11 per cent in current fiscal on the back of continued economic recovery boosted by increased public investment, vaccine rollout and surge in domestic demand.
▪️Asian Development Bank (ADB) :-
President - Masatsugu Asakawa
Formation - 19 December 1966
Headquarters - Manila, Philippines
2) Senior IIS officer Manikant Thakur passed away following COVID-19 infection. He was admitted in the Safdarjung Hospital, Delhi.
👉Mr Thakur was serving as Chief of Media in the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. In his illustrious career of 30 years in IIS, he served in different departments of Ministry of I&B including Bureau of Outreach & Communication, News Services Division of AIR and DD News.
3) Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi (Amendment) Act, 2021, came into force from April 27.
👉 The Act gives primacy to the Lieutenant Governor (L-G) over the elected government in the city.
👉Lieutenant Governor of Delhi - Anil Baijal
4) Kanthraj N, a Bangalore-based watercolor artist is all set to auction “My Life’s Work”, the 1st physically linked Non-Fungible Tokens(NFT), which is an assembly of his 12 original award-winning paintings.
CM :- Bookanakere Siddalingappa Yediyurappa
Governor :- Vajubhai Vala
Formation :- 1 November 1956
Language :- Kannada
Port :- New Mangalore Port
5) Famous Islamic scholar and Gandhian writer Maulana Waheeduddin Khan died at the age of 96 on Wednesday.
👉 Wahiduddin Khan, popularly known as 'Maulana', was announced by the Central Government in January this year to be conferred the Padma Vibhushan, the country's second highest civilian award. In 2000, Maulana, who was awarded for translating the Quran into contemporary English, was earlier awarded the Padma Bhushan, the country's third civilian honor.
6) Indian-origin Vanita Gupta, who served in the Justice Department during the Obama administration, has been appointed Associate Attorney General in America.
👉 Vanita is also getting the honor of being the first Indian-origin citizen to be appointed to this post.
👉Anita Gupta has become the first black person to hold the third largest post in the Ministry of Justice.
7) India's Defence Research & Development Organisation (DRDO) has decided to set up 500 Medical Oxygen Plants within 3 months under the PM CARES Fund.
▪️Ministry of Defence :
Headquarters - New Delhi
Founded - 15 August 1947
👉Chief of Defence Staff (CDS):- General Bipin Rawat
👉Chief of the Army Staff (COAS) :- General Manoj Mukund Naravane
👉 Chief of the Navy Staff - Admiral Karambir Singh
👉Chief Of The Air Force Staff - Rakesh Kumar Singh Bhadauria
8) The Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) has established a 'Water Sports and Adventure Institute (WSAI)' near Tehri Dam Reservoir in Uttrakhand.
▪️Uttarakhand CM :- Tirath Singh Rawat
Governor :- Baby Rani Maurya
👉Asan Conservation Reserve
👉Country's first moss garden
👉Country's first Pollinator Park
👉Integrated Model Agriculture Village Scheme
👉Rajaji Tiger Reserve 🐅
👉Jim Corbett National Park
9) The government has waived import duties on Beta Cyclodextrin (SBEBCD) used in the manufacture of Remdesivir as well as Remdesivir injections.
10) The Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy had provided a financial assistance of 65,000 crore to the farmers under various schemes.
▪️Andhra Pradesh :-
👉CM - Jaganmohan Reddy
👉Governor - Biswabhusan Harichandan
👉 Venkateswara Temple
👉Sri Bhramramma Mallikarjuna Temple