🔰 Friday, 01 January 2021 🔰
●The Hindu Vocabulary For All Competitive Exams.
1. COROLLARY (NOUN): (परिणाम): consequence
Synonyms: result, upshot
Example Sentence:The huge increases in unemployment were the corollary of expenditure cuts.
2. FRIVOLOUS (ADJECTIVE): (क्षुद्र): flippant
Synonyms: glib, waggish
Example Sentence:At bottom the man was frivolous, selfish and unstable.
3. CONTEMPT (NOUN): (अपमान): disrespect
Synonyms: disregard, slighting
Example Sentence:This action displays an arrogant contempt for the wishes of the majority.
4. DRENCH (VERB): (भिगाना): soak
Synonyms: saturate, wet through
Example Sentence:I fell in the stream and was drenched.
5. PROPRIETY (NOUN): (शिष्टाचार): decorum
Synonyms: respectability decency
Example Sentence: She always behaves with the utmost propriety.
6. REFUTE (VERB): (खंडन करना): disprove
Synonyms: rebut, confute
Example Sentence:These claims have not been refuted at all.
7. COLLOQUIAL (ADJECTIVE): (बोल-चाल की शैली): informal
Synonyms: conversational, everyday
Example Sentence:His colloquial talents were indeed of the highest order.
8. BEWILDER (VERB): (भरमाना): baffle
Synonyms: mystify, bemuse
Example Sentence:She was bewildered by his sudden change of mood.
9. HAPLESS (ADJECTIVE): (अभागे): unfortunate
Synonyms: unlucky, luckless
Example Sentence:I met the hapless victims of the disaster.
10. INHIBIT (VERB): (रोकना): impede
Synonyms: hinder hamper
Example Sentence:Too much cold inhibits plant growth.