🔰 Tuesday, 20 April 2021 🔰
●The Hindu Vocabulary For All Competitive Exams.
1. ABROGATE (VERB): (अभिनिषेध करना): repudiate
Synonyms: revoke, repeal
The ministry proposed to abrogate the dated electoral law.
2. RESOUNDING (ADJECTIVE): (गुंजयमान): reverberant
Synonyms: reverberating, resonant
I gave him a resounding smack across the face because of his.
3. DEMOLITION (NOUN): (विध्वंस): destruction
Synonyms: flattening, razing
The monument was thankfully saved from demolition.
4. DISCERNIBLE (ADJECTIVE): (प्रत्यक्ष) :visible
Synonyms: detectable, noticeable
The scandal had no discernible effect on his career.
5. GLOOM (NOUN): (उदासी): depression
Synonyms: despondency, dejection
Last year was of economic gloom for the car industry.
6. VULNERABLE (ADJECTIVE): (खतरे में): at risk
Synonyms: endangered, unsafe
We were in a vulnerable position.
7. HOARD (VERB): (संचय करना): store
Synonyms: store up, stockpile
Thousands of antiques hoarded by a compulsive collector.
8. RAMPANT (ADJECTIVE): (अनियंत्रित): uncontrolled
Synonyms: unrestrained, unchecked
Political violence was rampant in the area.
9. ABET (VERB): (हाँथ बंटाना): assist
Synonyms: aid, help
His actions were shown to abet terrorism.
10. MERCY (NOUN): (ढिलाई): leniency
Synonyms: lenience, clemency
The boy was screaming and begging for mercy.